Thursday, April 06, 2006

Day 2- NYC

I dont know how my friends live out here on the island and then go to school or work in the city. It is a combined 1 and a half commute not counting where in the city you need to be at. Well, I did walk around quite a bit. I give mad props to you guys and girls who do this every day. You guys must really love the city.

So, I did a lot of walking, a little shopping for somebody's birthday and bought a new lip gloss for myself. Do I know how to treat myself or what? I walked across the brooklyn bridge finally. I also met up with my crazy dear Stacey during her break from class. She is going to be one great lawyer. Hang in there girl. Only a year and 2 months left!!

I took a lot of interesting pictures all the way from downtown to uptown. I even got a phone call from a dear friend and the topic of our conversation revolved around how lately certain people in our community just loves to push their convictions on us. Well, thats a whole other post!! Anyhow great like yesterday. ALRIGHT, I'LL SAY IT. I RATHER BE IN SEATTLE AND IN THE MOUNTAINS SKIING WITH JOSH AND TSAGANISH. This family engagement I will be attending this weekend better be fun.

I am still learning to take good pictures. So, out of the 100 or so pictures I took and after some serious cropping, here are some I like.

Memorial writings/poems/pictures for 9 11

I just cant think of a caption


Hey, the famous Heywood building!! Ok its not famous.

Blackbird taking a dip in Union Square park

Spring is here, Almost!! Union Square Park

I thought of the Superman Movies when I saw this clock

Either its art or someone had a lot of time on their hands


And I walked all around the city in this!! Who am I kidding? I had to stop and buy some cheap sneakers. I never learn!!

8 Comments:

At April 06, 2006 10:31 PM, Blogger zimblymallu said...

nice photos. loved the first one. is that by 6th ave and like 10th street? near nyu? i'm pretty sure i've seen it, but mostly at night. and the union square park photo is beautiful.
oh, and you need to adjust the date format in the settings to get the date to show correctly in the recent comments.

 
At April 06, 2006 10:46 PM, Blogger sajini said...

How do you do that? that whole code thing is so confusing. I'll have to have someone look into it... yes it is by 6th ave.. thanks... Im still learning. Not as good as you yet!! :)

 
At April 07, 2006 6:13 AM, Blogger meredith said...

Great pix, Saj! so this is what 'staying at home for vacation' means...? Every single person I know on this side of the pond has NYC at the top of their must-see list! (and none of them like to admit they haven't been there...)

 
At April 07, 2006 11:42 AM, Blogger Sujith said...

i dont think heywood building is famous. famous means everyone knows it rt. i dont know that so :p

btw nice pics u took.

 
At April 07, 2006 1:17 PM, Blogger sajini said...

Oh Jithu.. its American humor.. i was just playing with the reader's mind for about a sec making them think its famous but its not.. Hope you got that!!!

 
At April 07, 2006 2:24 PM, Blogger zimblymallu said...

lol. american humor.
its famous now.

 
At April 10, 2006 4:06 PM, Blogger Bethany said...

I wish I was on vacation with you!

 
At April 26, 2006 4:40 PM, Blogger Priscilla said...

I noticed Meredith's comment and had to laugh...having been raised in upstate NY (a six hour drive away from NYC). I had never visited NYC (meaning to actually walk around in it and see some sights) until this past August...and I didn't mind at all! The first time I drove through it to go to a wedding on LI was in 1989...I was 22 years old!
Yes...I'm a country girl from NY.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Online Users