Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Day 1 of vacation

I am off for the rest of the week. Today was laundry/pay my bills/clean out all the junk in my room day. I am glad it snowed today. It definitly made doing all my errands at home easier. I also worked on my not-so-good-right now article for The Beacon(Pentecostal newsletter). Its almost done Leema.

But the highlight of the day was talking to my dear friend Meredith in Germany for 2 and half glorious hours. We had to get off because she had to go make dinner for her fabulous husband Detlev(we need more Detlevs in this world). Bah humbug to the time difference. But I praise God for the invention of the telephone and phone cards. I think we covered most of my favorite topics like church, family, theology, food, vacation spots and my frustrations on the topic of women in church. Above all, I was encouraged, loved, rebuked(with love) and challenged. Thank you Meredith for repeatedly reminding me of what it means to live a Gospel-saturated life. I still have 8 hours left on my card!!

Tomorrow-roaming around NYC

6 Comments:

At April 06, 2006 1:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am shocked. You are staying local for your vacation? Sajini, are you coming off the travelling bug?

 
At April 06, 2006 9:53 AM, Blogger sajini said...

no wayyyy!!! I hope i never loose the travelling bug. It will be always in my blood. I got some family stuff to go to this weekend so i stuck around. :)

 
At April 06, 2006 2:15 PM, Blogger Father of 3 said...

Enjoy your vacation...there's lots on Long Island to do.

 
At April 06, 2006 5:13 PM, Blogger sajini said...

ooo tell me .. other than going to robert moses beach!!!!

 
At April 07, 2006 11:53 AM, Blogger Father of 3 said...

I was actually being sarcastic.

 
At April 07, 2006 1:20 PM, Blogger sajini said...

Oh man... i thought you were about to tell me all the cool things to do on the island... Why are we paying high taxes anyway?????

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Online Users