Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Retreat 06

This past weekend was full of unexpected blessings. I headed out to youth retreat held by PYFA. Its an organization for the South Indian pentecostal youths of New York. I think there are about 40 churches that participates. To be honest, I really just wanted to see the bands that were going to be performing on saturday night. But I am glad I got on that really hot yellow school bus friday evening. I was surrounded by sweet, loud, crazy and amazing girls. At first, I was a little nervous about communicating with these girls. Most of them were under 20. There were only a handful of us in our mid 20's. But regardless, I was amazed and glad that these girls were open to making new friends and having the pleasure of each other's company. There was a couples retreat and a men's retreat going on at the same time.
I had a great time getting to know some of these young women. I heard some amazing testimonies and got to witness the passion they have serving our Father. They even taught me a few dance moves and shared some of the most hillarious stories I have ever heard. By the end of the trip, I was hurting every time I laughed. The bands that played were great. My favorite cousin Stan from ZOA played one of my favorite songs. Bejoy((WIZE)) had some new material he was working on. I was moved to tears when I heard one of his songs. He also did a song where the chorus goes "work it, work it, work it, work it. Stir it, stir it, stir it, stir it." My new friend Sherin and I made this dance routine for the song. We are hoping we get to be Bejoy's back up dancers since he wasnt too impressed with our rapping. Sibi Varghese gave a great show too. I have never heard him but I have heard so much about him. The great thing about these bands are that they are all from Philly. We were also blessed by Lukea's messages. Last but not least, we had a great worship leader for our girls. Her name is Cynthia Cullen and she was amazing. I could tell you so much more about the retreat but I am a little tired. Enjoy the pictures!!!

3 Comments:

At June 22, 2006 10:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for coming out to help last night. It looks like you had a blast with these kids. So, how's the venti caramal machiato love doing? Just when I was about to ask you out on a date.

 
At June 22, 2006 2:02 PM, Blogger sajini said...

Actually its white choclate machiato!!! :) Ur not the shy type are ya? See you friday doc!!

 
At June 23, 2006 3:19 PM, Blogger zimblymallu said...

nice photos. thats my man siby there. mad props for the david crowder covers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Online Users