Friday, February 10, 2006

EVER HAD YOUR CAR TOWED?

Well, I did. Last night I parked my car in the lovely New York city. I parked on the commercial meter parking side. I put money in and I went off to a newcomers reception for redeemer.
I know, IM not a newcomer but before I leave this church, I figured I should meet the pastor and his wifey and viola!!!! It was a great reception with great food. They had a lovely spread; the usual cheese and fruit platter, chicken, beef and eggroll skewers but nicely presented (its all about presentation) and also served drinks in long plastic champagne glasses(only in New York). I wish I had pictures because I am not doing a good job of describing the food. Anyhow, it got better as we all settled down and Tim and Kathy Keller took the stage and gave a little history behind the church and its growth and what their jobs were in the ministry. Then we got to hear from the great staff about small groups, ministries, classes and membership. All in all, it was a good night.
Then I stroll to my car and stuff happened. Cops came and did their stuff and left. Long story short, my car got towed because I parked on the side where I can only park Monday, Wednesday and Friday. So I ended up having to walk 8 blocks. It felt like 20 because I took a wrong turn at one point. Also, there weren't no cabs in sight. So I get to the the towing place and of course, more drama there. So, I finally got the car and there is a $118 ticket on it. Nice!!!! Anyhow, I finally get home around 11:30.
So, it was a sweet/sad day but my God is great and he definitely provided. My heartfelt thanks to Josh and Anil who kept me a little bit calm and a little less scared. Last but not least, Angela, my dearest friend who came to my rescue. I love you girl!!!! Alright enough mushiness. Grace and peace

3 Comments:

At February 10, 2006 10:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saji
I am glad you got home safe. All this time, I used to call you valley girl. I take it back. You are so the city girl living in the burbs. Your post is a little vague. There has to be more to this story. Did you meet anyone there from the evening west side service? Did you get to ask Pastor Tim that question about which service gets the best message and how he gets to all the service on time? You also talked about the food being served but forgot to mention if there was any dessert. Alright, I am done critiqing. Also, try not to be super woman next time you get into a jiff similar to this. Call me up. OK? See you sunday

 
At February 10, 2006 11:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOu have a blog? HA HA HA. You should not have sent out an email saying you have a blog. Big mistake Miss Sajini. So which embarrassing should I speak of first? Oh I know. How about the time you tripped and fell and the took the Holy communion table down with you? Many more to come unless you shut down this site.

 
At February 11, 2006 11:20 PM, Blogger Bethany said...

I'm glad you're ok..home safe and sound...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Online Users